Comedian Will Ferrell has taken to the court as ABA player Jackie Moon in the movie “Semi-Pro,” raced around the track as NASCAR driver Ricky Bobby in “Talladega Nights” and run out of the bullpen as relief pitcher Rojo Johnson for the Round Rock Express professional baseball team.
Ferrell added yet another line to his sports resume Wednesday night in New Orleans: announcer. Ferrell introduced the New Orleans Hornets and the visiting Chicago Bulls in his trademark comedic style as part of “80s Night” at the arena.
Here are a few of Ferrell’s best introductions:
1. “At forward, No. 5, he still lives with his mother – Carlos Boozer.”
2. “At forward, No. 9, he collects rare birds and has a pet dolphin named Chachi – Luol Deng.”
3. “At guard, No. 1, his favorite movie is “The Notebook” – Derrick Rose.”
1. “At forward, 6-10 Mexico, he doesn’t speak a lick of English, but we still love him – Gustavo Ayon.”
2. “At center, 6-10 from Connecticut where he majored in econ, but he minored in love – Emeka Okafor.”
3. “At guard, 6-3 from Georgia Tech, after basketball his dream is to become a rodeo clown – Jarrett Jack.”