When Justin Bieber calls your single "possibly the catchiest song I've ever heard," you know you're destined to attract a few listeners. Millions to be exact. The song " Call Me Maybe" by Carly Rae Jepsen has become a megahit, thanks to its memorable hook and Bieber's backing.
Jepsen, a 26-year-old Canadian singer who first made a name for herself on the Canadian version of "American Idol," is dominating the U.S. airwaves after Bieber signed her to his record label and began to spread the word to his fans about her music.
Bieber has been tweeting up a storm to his 19.7 million followers about Jepsen and even enlisted the help of some famous friends, Selena Gomez and Ashley Tisdale, to make their own home video lip syncing to Jepsen's song. That video has over 31 million views on YouTube.
"I think that was the moment that it really sunk in for me. The moment I saw the video online…I was like that boy looks a lot like Justin Bieber," Jepsen said today on " Good Morning America." "This is a dream come true for me because … it's something I have been working on forever."
Jepsen talked about her breakout success on "GMA" today and then gave us seven things you might not know about her. At least not yet.
1. I don't own a T.V.
2. When I'm home, I play chess almost every day.
3. When I was a little kid, I went through a serious tutu phase. I even wore one over my snowsuit when I was four.
4. Both of my step-parents are Italian and instilled in me a love of cooking.
5. I love to throw parties and bake all sorts of goodies and decorate.
6. I've would love to someday live in Paris, Amsterdam, and New York and I've already picked out my dream apartments in each city.
7. I have a not so secret love of jazz music. Being on the road so much I find it so relaxing to find the best local spot and unwind.