Lindsay Lohan Denies Reports That Her Management Involved in Intervention

Oct 22, 2012 2:16pm
gty lindsay lohan jt 120930 wblog Lindsay Lohan Denies Reports That Her Management Involved in Intervention

                                      (Image Credit: Dimitrios Kambouris/WireImage/Getty Images)

The saga between Lindsay Lohan and her father, Michael Lohan, continues.

Michael Lohan Friday told E!  that he staged a surprise intervention at his daughter’s Beverly Hills home amid concerns that she was drinking again after allegedly failing to show up for work on her latest film, “The Canyons.” His daughter called the cops and he was turned away, ” according to E!.

Lindsay Lohan, 26, has denied reports that members of her team, including lawyer Shawn Chapman Holley, were involved in the planning of the intervention.

“It’s apparent Michael continues to be very focused on getting publicity for himself,” her rep said today in a statement to ABCNews.com. “Lindsay’s team is in no way aligned with him or his actions.”

“The Canyons” screenwriter Bret Easton Ellis later told E! that he was making an inside joke when he tweeted about Lindsay missing work, and a producer for the film told E! that the actress was busy promoting her upcoming Lifetime film, “Liz and Dick.”

Lindsay’s statement follows one from her mother Dina, who told E!, “This sole act by my ex was not an intervention, nor was this extreme antic sanctioned by any member of Lindsay’s family or her professional team of handlers. It’s all about her father obsessed with making a name for himself in the news once again.”

Lindsay has had a strained relationship with her father in recent years, often accusing him of creating negative press about her for the sake of gaining publicity.

Meanwhile, the actress received some good news today. Prosecutors in New York City have declined to pursue the hit-and-run case against her, according to New York affiliate WABC-TV.

Lohan was arrested last month after a “low speed crash” in which she allegedly struck restaurant cook Jose Rodriguez, 34, with her Porsche. But officials told WABC that there is too little evidence, based on the surveillance video, to continue the case.

SHOWS:
You are using an outdated version of Internet Explorer. Please click here to upgrade your browser in order to comment.
blog comments powered by Disqus