Jenny McCarthy is happy being single, but at times she does miss being in a relationship.
“I miss being romantic with somebody. I miss being in love. I’m not just a random lover,” she told reporters at the Hotel Durex event at New York’s Dream Downtown hotel Tuesday. “I’m also proud of myself because I’m doing quality instead of quantity. I’m being very wise and picky.”
The 40-year-old Playboy model, who hosted the event introducing Durex’s newest products, said she’s a Scorpio, so sex is very much a priority in her life. McCarthy feels even sexier today than she did when she was in her 20s, and she’s not letting her age slow her down in the bedroom.
“As you get older, I always thought you become less confident because of things sagging and aging but you become so much more comfortable with your inner self that it shows in the bedroom,” she said.
Check out some of McCarthy’s tips on how to keep a relationship hot:
1. Don’t let past relationships get in the way of new ones. “I don’t have any walls up, so I’m open to love without projecting any past pain into the new relationship,” the host of “The Jenny McCarthy Show” said. “So that’s where I feel like I have the capacity to love a lot because the walls are down.”
2. Work out. Although McCarthy revealed she’s gained 15 since moving to Chicago last spring (she blames deep dish pizza), she does love to exercise. “When you work out it releases endorphins, it makes you feel better about yourself. Also, your body gets in shape so you want to show it off,” she said.
3. Be honest and open with your partner. The single mom said you should talk about your sexual fantasies with your partner as well as what you like and what you don’t like.
4. “Sexplore” together. Don’t be afraid to try new things with your partner, including new places. McCarthy, who said the Grand Canyon is the wildest place she’s gotten frisky, suggests waiting the relationship is monogamous. “I have brought food into the bedroom and talked about it, like chocolate-covered strawberries, while having sex. It helps because there’s a lot of stimulation going on.”
5. Dress for seduction. “If you’re looking to pick up somebody, dress that way. It’s not time for your PMS sweatpants. Look hot,” she quipped.