Onward With ‘Ghostbusters III’

By Paul Shin

Feb 26, 2014 2:59pm

 

 Onward With Ghostbusters III

                                                                  (Photo Credit: CinemaPhoto/Corbis)

Fans awaiting “Ghostbusters III” should expect further delays.

The script, authored by “The Office” writers Lee Eisenberg and Gene Stupnitsky, has yet to be green-lighted by Hollywood, and now new edits must be made to adjust for Harold Ramis’ death this week. But development will continue, according to The Hollywood Reporter.

Ramis played the role of Dr. Egon Spengler in the “Ghostbuster” trio and was scripted to make a cameo appearance in the sequel. Along with Bill Murray and Dan Aykroyd, the ghost-seeking team was to pass on its heroic responsibilities to a new generation of Ghostbusters.

Celebrities React in Sadness to Harold Ramis Death

The actor-writer-director was one of the principal writers of the first two movies, but a project insider who spoke to Hollywood Reporter said Ramis’ absence will have no major repercussions for the third installment.

“He was great to bounce something off of, and that will certainly be missed,” the insider said. “But it won’t affect the script.”

Sequel director Ivan Reitman is scheduled to meet with Sony studios this week to discuss next steps. While deals have yet to be made with the lead actors, Ramis had already established a financial stake in the film that will go to his estate.

SHOWS:
You are using an outdated version of Internet Explorer. Please click here to upgrade your browser in order to comment.
blog comments powered by Disqus