Brooke Burke-Charvet called her firing from "Dancing With the Stars" last month one of the most "shocking eliminations" the ballroom had ever seen, but now she has revealed what really surprised her about being let go.
"The only shocking thing about it, really, is the way that it went down," Brooke-Charvet said today on " Good Morning America." "Finding out just several weeks before the premiere was a little bit tough, but I'm good."
"I'm happy," she said.
Burke-Charvet, 42, broke the news of her firing to the world in a Feb. 21 tweet.
"weird day….Shocking pre-season elimination #DWTS…ME. @TomBergeron didn't even read my name. I won't be returning to the show this season," she wrote, referring to Bergeron, her co-host for the past seven seasons.
Just days later, the show announced that FOX Sports correspondent Erin Andrews, 35, would replace Brooke-Charvet, who first appeared on the show as a contestant in 2008 and won with partner Derek Hough.
Brooke-Charvet, the mother of four children, did not mention her replacement on "GMA" but did say she will be watching the show tomorrow, when the new cast for Season 18 is announced.
"I'm going to be watching you tomorrow," she told "GMA" co-hosts Robin Roberts and Lara Spencer. "It really isn't about us as the hosts, it's about the casts. We are only as good as our casts."
The lifestyle guru, who survived a bout with thyroid cancer in 2012 and has a line of fitness DVDs and apparel, among other projects, appeared on "GMA" to discuss Oscar fashions.
She says she is moving forward from "DWTS" by focusing on new projects, but left it open as to what her future will include.
"I'm excited about a new venture and diving into a new project and my fan base has been so supportive… a little bit angry…so I hope they're still going to tune in," she said. "I'm excited."