NEW YORK, NY, December 19, 2011 - All eyes are on the early voting states as the nation gears up for the 2012 presidential election and ABC News takes you into the action with the launch of OTUS News as the interactive destination for politics.
OTUS NEWS features the trusted political reporting and analysis of ABC News and invites users into the American political process with groundbreaking technology, engaging video, and immersive interactive experiences. The site will be launched in beta format.
OTUS’ innovative Political Stock Market a real-time snapshot of social sentiment, trending, search and the collective assessment of our political experts combined to determine the current ‘value’ of each 2012 presidential contender. It’s political punditry with a sophisticated dash of social media – a new way to measure who’s up & who’s down in a tumultuous campaign.
“OTUSNews.com takes the industry-leading and trusted assets of ABC News to the next level – adding new products such as the Political Stock Market, creative video series and greater depth and access in our coverage to meet the growing needs of our audience,” said Joe Ruffolo, Senior Vice President, ABC News Digital.
Hot Features @ Launch:
- Political Stock Market: Breakthrough technology combines the collective analysis of our political experts at ABC News and social sentiment from publicly available Facebook & Twitter comments, search, trending, and influencer data compiled and weighted in collaboration with Bluefin Labs. The market is open 7am-7pm ET, Monday-Friday, and is always visible at http://otusnews.com.
- Match-o-Matic: Engaging, playful yet informative interactive challenges users to answer a series of policy questions on subjects ranging from the economy & jobs to security & health care to find their top three political candidate matches in the 2012 field
- Game Changers: It’s not your traditional Map to 270. Pick the Republican contender you’d like to take on President Obama and game out the path to the victory. Or, go back in time and play a fantasy match-up, pitting any presidential contender since 1960 against another. Obama ’08 v. Reagan ’84. Nixon ’72 v. Kennedy ’60. What’s your Hall of Fame Game?
- Original Digital Video: Politics in a Flash delivers the latest political news from the trail & Washington – Now I Get It explains politics terms and concepts in animated, :90 infographics – Candidates in :60 is a constantly updated, fast-forward review of each candidate’s life & career to-date, and Politically Foul reviews the not-top-plays of the week or the moments the campaigns would rather forget
- Daily Features: By The Numbers highlights a symbolic number, why it’s critical to the country, and what it might mean for our politics , Thrill of Victory, Agony of Defeat captures the good, bad and ugly moments from the campaign trail, Political Wisdom brings out the best quotes of the current contest and politics past, The Scorecard scrolls the best, constantly updating ABC News politics content, all in addition to unique photojournalism, interactive votes, and ABC News’ political all-stars including George Stephanopoulos, Jake Tapper, John Berman, Jonathan Karl, Amy Walter & Rick Klein