New, Weekly Show in the Daily, Original, Digital Video Series “Power Players” from ABC News and Yahoo! News
“The Fine Print” Tackles the Biggest Political Names & Stories From Inside the Beltway
First Interview with Former Republican Senator Jim DeMint Launches on Tuesday, May 14
ABC News Senior Washington Correspondent Jeff Zeleny hosts “The Fine Print,” a new show in the daily, digital video series “Power Players” from ABC News and Yahoo! News starting Tuesday, May 14th. From elected officials and candidates to campaign architects and analysts, every episode will include in-depth interviews with the biggest players in politics, offering viewers an expansive look at all of the action from inside the beltway. As host of “The Fine Print,” Zeleny will go one-on-one with influential newsmakers to help viewers understand how the government truly works – and how it does not.
“The Fine Print” features Jeff’s exclusive interview with the president of the Heritage Foundation, former South Carolina Republican Senator Jim DeMint, on Tuesday, May 14th. In the interview DeMint reveals that he does not miss the Senate, and says it was more like being “on a treadmill going nowhere.” DeMint also takes issue with a rising star in the Republican Party, Senator Marco Rubio, calling the immigration reform bill “amnesty.” The interview is now available on the ABC News-Yahoo! News “Power Players” blog: http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/power-players-abc-news/
In this weekly co-produced series, Zeleny will sift through the flurry of campaign ads, speeches, legislation and disputes to help viewers gain understanding and appreciation for what it takes to get business done in Washington. As one of the country’s premier journalists, Zeleny delivers stories that drive the news cycle for days. Now, a new digital audience can tune in for complete access to the hottest political headlines, any time and across any device.
“Washington is a world where partisan politics can distract us from the real issues,” said Zeleny. “I am excited to use what I have learned as a newspaper reporter to host an original, digital show that explores the political landscape across the country and pushes the conversation forward to provide viewers with a deeper understanding of the political process and how Washington really operates.”
From the battle for control of the Senate to the early jockeying for the 2016 presidential race, “The Fine Print” is the ultimate users’ guide to the nation’s capital and a must-watch for anyone who cares about the inner workings of Washington and beyond.
Every weekday, viewers can catch the hottest political stories and interviews from ABC News and Yahoo! News’ all-star team in Washington. The new “Power Players” weekly line-up can be found at http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/power-players-abc-news/.
- George’s Bottom Line: As one of politics’ most respected voices, anchor of ABC’s “Good Morning America” and host of “This Week,” George Stephanopoulos tackles the biggest stories in Washington, from the fiscal cliff deal to the debate over stricter gun control laws. Each week, George offers a no-nonsense look at the politics and policy debates driving the news cycle. Who is up, down or out? George gives you his “bottom line” on what to watch for in the coming week.
- Top Line: Hosted by ABC News’ Political Director Rick Klein and Yahoo! News’ Olivier Knox, “Top Line” features insight and anecdotes from Washington’s most tuned-in reporters and other top sources. Each week, the duo sizes up the political players, missteps, and trending topics in Washington.
- Politics Confidential with Jonathan Karl: No one knows the ins and outs of the White House and the Capitol like ABC News’ Chief White House Correspondent Jonathan Karl. He takes you behind the curtain of the White House press corps, getting the inside scoop on the hottest topics inside the Beltway from social trends, to politics, pop culture, and media.
- On the Radar with Martha Raddatz: From moderating the 2012 Vice Presidential Debate to on-the-ground reports from conflict zones around the world, no one is better equipped to deliver comprehensive coverage of detailed foreign policy issues that viewers need to know like ABC News’ Martha Raddatz. Through interviews and her own expertise, Martha highlights important current events and complex policy issues that are not always featured in the national spotlight.
- The Fine Print with Jeff Zeleny: From Capitol Hill to the campaign trail, ABC News Senior Washington Correspondent Jeff Zeleny has the hottest political stories covered. He gives viewers in-depth access to some of the biggest names in Washington and beyond, sifting through the politics to uncover the pressing issues and influences that impact how business gets done in the nation’s capital.
About ABC News Digital
ABC News Digital properties including ABCNews.com and Goodmorningamerica.com on Yahoo! offer a dynamic, around the clock look at the news as it breaks – bringing video into the digital news experience like never before. It’s the online destination for newsmaker access, investigative coverage, and exclusive footage from every big story. As part of the Yahoo!-ABC News network ABC News Digital content reaches over 90 million people a month and more than 50% of all news and information videos streamed online are from the #1 online news network. In addition, ABC News NOW is a 24-hour news and information network currently available to 44 million users across cable, broadband, and mobile platforms.
About ABC News
ABC News delivers a big picture understanding of the world to empower and inspire viewers to make confident decisions for themselves and their families. More people get their news from ABC News than from any other source. ABC News is responsible for all of the ABC Television Network’s news programming on a variety of platforms: television, radio, and the Internet. With an average television and radio audience of 180 million people in a given month, ABC News surpasses the competition. More than 2,400 affiliate stations broadcast ABC News Radio’s global news coverage. In addition, ABC News NOW is a 24-hour news and information network currently available to 44 million users across cable, broadband, and mobile platforms. NewsOne, the affiliate news service of ABC News, provides live and packaged news, sports, and weather reports, as well as footage of news events, to 200 ABC affiliates and more than 30 domestic and international clients.