#1 Source of News and Information Online Delivers Record Week in April
GoodMorningAmerica.com on Yahoo! Maintains Lead over Today.com for 13 Consecutive Months with 26 Million Unique Users
For the month of April 2013 the Yahoo!-ABC News Network maintained its position as the #1 source of news and information online. Following a strong performance in March, the combined network continued to lead the way in April, placing ahead of competitors CNN, Huffington Post Group, NBC News, Fox News and CBS News.
During the week of the Boston marathon events, the Yahoo!-ABC News Network delivered more page views than any other online news source with 805 MM page views. The Yahoo!-ABC News Network also led in terms of total minutes and unique users.
For the month, the Yahoo!-ABC News Network delivered the highest number of video streams. As the undisputed leader in original, live and on-demand video experiences the combined network served more than 221 million videos streams in April, an increase of 18% month over month. From live-stream special reports to “GMA Live” on GoodMorningAmerica.com on Yahoo!, the Yahoo!-ABC News Network held the top spot in video views:
- Yahoo!-ABC News Network (221 million)
- CNN Network by 27% (174 million)
- HPMG News by 123% (99 million)
- NBC News Digital by 92% (115 million)
- Fox News Digital Network by 196 % (75 million)
- CBS News by 210% (71 million)
- New York Times Digital by 1671% (12 million)
(Sources: ComScore Media Metrix, April 2013; ComScore Video Metrix April 2013)
For the month, the Yahoo!-ABC News Network delivered more page views than any other news and information source online. Total page views were up 19% month over month, resulting in a combined total of 2.95 billion page views in April:
- Yahoo!-ABC News Network (2.95 billion)
- CNN Network by 28% (2.31 billion)
- HPMG News by 86% (1.59 billion)
- Fox News Digital Network 160% (1.12 billion)
- NBC News Digital by 186% (1.03 billion)
- CBS News by 286% (764 million)
- New York Times Digital 290% (758 million)
In April, 89 million unique visitors turned to the combined Yahoo!-ABC News Network, leading the competition:
- Yahoo!-ABC News Network (89 million)
- CNN Network by 18% (75 million)
- HPMG News by 40% (64 million)
- NBC News Digital by 49% (60 million)
- New York Times Digital by 118% (41 million)
- CBS News by 120% (40 million)
- Fox News Digital Network by 139% (37 million)
More users turn to ABC News Digital for mobile news, spending an average of 172 million minutes across ABC News’ mobile properties. (Source: ComScore Mobile Metrix, March 2013).
GoodMorningAmerica.com on Yahoo!
GoodMorningAmerica.com on Yahoo! continues to be the leading morning news show website, just as “Good Morning America” announced another week at #1 with a nearly 1 million total viewer lead over NBC’s “Today.” Last month, GoodMorningAmerica.com on Yahoo! held its audience lead over Today.com for the 13th consecutive month with 26 million unique users versus Today.com’s 18.5 million users.