A young boy died and his mother was sent to the hospital this weekend after staying in the same hotel room where an elderly couple died two months ago.
Police in Boone, N.C., are investigating why all three individuals died at the Best Western Blue Ridge Plaza Hotel after Jeffrey Lee Williams, 11, was found dead on Saturday.
Williams’ mother, Jeannie Williams, was hospitalized with injuries but has been discharged.
In April, the bodies of Daryl and Shirley Jenkins, both in their 70s, were found in the very same hotel room at the Best Western, according to Boone police.
Police have said there is no danger to the general public and have called in the state’s Board of Examiners of Plumbing, Heating and Fire Sprinkler Contractors to examine the room this week.
They are also re-examining the toxicology and autopsy results from the Jenkins’ death, according to Sgt. Shane Robbins of the Boone Police Department.
“We are investigating all possibilities. We don’t have any information at this time concerning the cause of death for either incident,” Robbins said.
Calls to the Williams family by ABC News were not immediately returned.