Total Unique Visitors Up Month Over Month and Year Over Year in July
More Page Views and Unique Visitors Than Any Other Online News Competitor
Original Digital Exclusives “World News: Beyond the Headline” and “Nightline Fix” Launch Exclusively on Yahoo! News
For the month of July, the Yahoo!-ABC News Network maintained its leadership position as the #1 source for news and information online. For over a year and a half, the Yahoo!-ABC News Network has placed far ahead of its competitors, delivering more page views and unique users than any other online news source, according to data provided by comScore. In fact, the Yahoo!-ABC News Network experienced significant traffic gains in July with total page views, total unique visitors and total minutes up month over month.
From the ouster of Egyptian President Mohammad Morsi to the George Zimmerman verdict and the birth of the Royal Baby, the Yahoo!-ABC News Network delivered breaking news reports, live blog updates and original, digital videos to millions of unique users that craved up-to-the-minute coverage of the summer’s top stories. During the week of the George Zimmerman verdict and the Royal Baby announcement, ABCNews.com desktop and mobile traffic was up from this same week one year ago (+21% page views and +55% short form video views) and reached its highest point since the Boston Marathon bombings in April 2013.
In July the Yahoo!-ABC News Network delivered more page views than any other news and information source online. For the month, the Yahoo!-ABC News Network led the way with 2.6 billion page views, outperforming:
• CNN Network by 36% (1.9 billion)
• HMPG News by 86% (1.4 billion)
• Fox News Digital by 160% (991 million)
• NBC News Digital by 143% (985 million)
• CBS News by 393% (521 million)
(Source: comScore Media Metrix, July 2013)
In July 86 million unique visitors turned to the Yahoo!-ABC News Network for in-depth features, reporting and exclusive interviews. In fact, the combined network experienced a surge in traffic last month with total unique visitors up month over month and year over year, surpassing:
• CNN Network by 32% (65 million)
• HPMG News by 41% (61 million)
• NBC News Digital by 58% (55 million)
• CBS News by 143% (35 million)
• Fox News Digital Network by 175% (31 million)
(Source: comScore Media Metrix, July 2013)
In July over 32 million unique viewers turned to the Yahoo!-ABC News Network for live-stream and original videos. From the five co-produced original digital video series to “GMA LIVE”, the Yahoo!-ABC News Network continues to deliver a wide variety of the video content experiences to users wherever and whenever they demand information.
In August the Yahoo!-ABC News Network launched two digital video extensions on Yahoo! News, “World News: Beyond the Headline” and “Nightline Fix.” Both video programs are unique, daily, digital extensions of ABC’s “World News with Diane Sawyer” and “Nightline” and are available to users exclusively on Yahoo!
- “World News: Beyond the Headline:” Diane Sawyer and a team of award-winning correspondents deliver that extra nugget of news, information and insight from around the world. “Beyond the Headline” delivers the story behind the headline and will also feature popular ABC franchises such as ‘Person of the Week.’ From predicting dementia to the Justice Department’s battle over airline fare hikes, “World News: Beyond the Headline” offers a daily mix of national, international, medical and lifestyle news.
- “Nightline Fix:” The Nightline Fix is a smart take on the news stories that start conversations. Every day the team provides exclusive, first-look content on topics ranging from entertainment and pop culture trends to breaking news and international exposés. Recent pieces include Jennifer Garner, Halle Berry’s Emotional Testimony on Paparazzi Stalking Their Kids, Tongue Patch Surgery a New Extreme Method for Weigh Loss and Why Jennifer Aniston Won’t Join Twitter.
In June millions of users turned to ABC News Digital for mobile news, spending a total of 103 million minutes across ABC News’ mobile properties. (Source: comScore Mobile Metrix, June 2013).
GoodMorningAmerica.com on Yahoo!:
GoodMorningAmerica.com on Yahoo! continues to be the leading morning news show website. In July GoodMorningAmerica.com on Yahoo! held its audience lead over Today.com with over 22 million unique users. Additionally, over 12 million unique viewers turned to GoodMorningAmerica.com on Yahoo! last month for video content, exceeding Today.com’s 7.4 million unique viewers. (Source: comScore Video Metrix Key Measures, July 2013).