Airing on “20/20,” Friday, November 15 on ABC
Landlords from hell… selling a hoarder’s home… moving companies… in the real estate game, everyone is playing for keeps. “Real Estate Confidential” airs on “20/20″ on FRIDAY, NOVEMBER 15 (10:00 – 11:00 pm ET) on the ABC Television Network.
- How did a plan to flip property land one yuppie in prison? Kip and Nicole Macy of San Francisco bought a rental building and planned to turn it condo. But when the tenants refused to leave, the Macy’s turned into the “landlords from hell.” In what authorities called a 17-month lawless rampage, the couple burglarized apartments, sabotaged the building’s structure, and even sawed up through a horrified tenant’s apartment floor, according to the district attorney. Now serving time, Kip Macy sits down with Chris Connelly in an exclusive interview.
- Imagine driving up to your house…and realizing it’s simply vanished. Jim Avila reports on the trials and tribulations of people whose properties are mistakenly demolished by bungling municipalities – and the frustrating insult added to injury when the victims try to get compensated.
- You have found your dream home! Now the hard part — moving in. But as ABC News’ Matt Gutman reports, you can be opening the door to one of life’s most stressful experiences. For the past month, “20/20″ has followed one woman’s interstate odyssey from getting moving estimates to trying to get her stuff on time.
- So what is it like to buy a hoarder’s house, or to try to sell one? Welcome to the world of Roger Faulkner, one of the few real estate investors tough enough to enter the most cluttered, stinky niche of the real estate market. ABC News Correspondent Cecilia Vega with a peek into the world of the ultimate cleaner-uppers.
- A plane, a converted water tower, a tree house, even a dumpster, Nick Watt reports on wild and wacky residences.
David Sloan is the senior executive producer of “20/20.”
– ABC –