If there's one thing that rivals baseball as America's pastime, it's making jokes on Twitter. To pass the time between innings, here are a few of our favorites:
Bryce Harper tried to get a beach ball off the field. It didn't go too well: https://t.co/qu7k1FxieB
- Rich MacLeod (@richmacleod) March 31, 2014
Top 5 Opening Days: 1) Wonka Chocolate Factory tour 2) Christmas 3) Scheduled cesarean section 4) Baseball 5) Emergency cesarean section
- Scott C. Reynolds (@scottadhoc) March 31, 2014
"Opening Day is a great day to wipe the slate clean, forget the past and start over AMIRITE YOU GUYS? AM I RIGHT???" - Alex Rodriguez
- Eliza Bayne (@ElizaBayne) March 31, 2014
It's opening day and the happiest Mets fans will be all season! #LetsGoMets
- Christina Cola (@poprocksandCola) March 31, 2014
Happy Opening Day everyone. The long national nightmare of Spring Training is finally over.
- Ken Tremendous (@KenTremendous) March 30, 2014
De Blasio soundly booed as he throws out the first pitch at Citi Field, as if it's his fault the Mets couldn't trade Ike Davis.
- Brokelyn (@Brokelyn) March 31, 2014
It's opening night for @MLB! Hope everyone memorized their lines, and has their dance steps down.
- Billy Merritt (@BillyMerritt) March 31, 2014
I think of baseball as a metaphor. A metaphor for paying $200 to take an outdoor nap interrupted by organ music.
- David Burge (@iowahawkblog) March 31, 2014
Hey ladies, it's baseball season, you know what that means… pic.twitter.com/OJqBZyYWWY
- ShitBallPlayersDo (@ShtBallPlayrsDo) March 31, 2014