It was a balmy 60 degrees in New York City over the weekend, giving hope that spring may finally be here. But the mercury dipped below freezing again today, with a yet another snow shower forecast for Tuesday.
The interminable polar vortex winter of our discontent has spawned many a Twitter hashtag, and the latest one - #itssupposedtobespring - is a kind of rallying cry for people who are defying the weather and trying to usher in the spring by their wardrobe choices, or bemoaning their foolhardiness.
Might ditch my winter coat and suffer through this cold in only a light jacket just to stick it to this weather #itssupposedtobespring
- Sarah Nock (@sarahnockk) March 24, 2014
I'm the only idiot wearing a light jacket in Chicago -_-
- Nick Castillo (@nicknasty94) March 24, 2014
Spring is a collective hallucination. We've never had one before and we'll never have one ever and cold is always and forever
- Laura Willcox (@Laura_Willcox) March 24, 2014
It's snowing and I'm wearing a light jacket…
- Mims (@mim_justone) March 24, 2014
Oh Yay it's spring. I'll just go ahead and walk outside in my light jacket and IMMEDIATELY DIE OF IT'S SO GODDAMN COLD WHY WHY WHY
- David McGee (@davidjmcgee) March 24, 2014
"It feels like it's going to be cold forever." 10 year old when asked how her first day of spring was.
- Matt Galloway (@mattgallowaycbc) March 20, 2014
The suns out but it's still kinda cold!! Dont care tho still wearing a dress. ….its my bday!! Lol
- Aimee Jade (@AJAzari) March 24, 2014
Oh, and this woman:
- Kourtney Kardashian (@kourtneykardash) March 24, 2014