“WHAT WOULD YOU DO?” HEADS TO THE JERSEY SHORE
AIRING FRIDAY, AUGUST 1 AT 9:00 P.M. ON ABC
When People See a Situation that Cries Out for Action,
Do They Step in, Back Away or Just Walk on by?
When you think no one is watching… what would you do? Using hidden cameras, “What Would You Do?” establishes everyday scenarios and then captures people’s reactions. Whether people are compelled to act or mind their own business, John Quiñones reports on their split-second and often surprising decision-making process. “WHAT WOULD YOU DO?” airs FRIDAY, AUGUST 1 (9:00-10:00 p.m., ET) on ABC. (OAD: 9/21/12)
Friday, August 1 scenarios Include:
- Will anyone intervene when they see lifeguards killing some time on a slow beach day by doing a round of shots at a bar?
- A boyfriend walks out of a tanning booth radioactive orange, dangerous for the health of his skin, plus, he looks ridiculous. Even so, his girlfriend wants him to go back for more tanning. Will anyone stop him and tell him he looks ridiculous and he needs to stop? Will anyone tell him he needs a new girlfriend who cares about his health?
- What will happen when an artist sketches a bad portrait of a paying customer?
- A bartender is serving drinks to her patrons, while being sexually harassed by her boss. He starts with passing comments, but escalates to getting physical. What if the harasser is a female harassing a male employee? Will anyone step in?
- A young pregnant woman is drinking at a Jersey Shore bar. Does anyone try to stop her?
“What Would You Do?” has won awards from the Chicago International Television Festival, and the Avon Foundation’s 2006 Voice of Change award for exposing “injustice and wrongdoing against women and bringing the message of domestic violence to the mainstream.”