When People See a Situation that Cries Out for Action,
Do They Step in, Back Away or Just Walk on by?
John Quiñones and the “What Would you Do?” team take a trip down Route 66 with surprising scenario outcomes. When you think no one is watching… what would you do? Using hidden cameras, “What Would You Do?” establishes everyday scenarios and then captures people’s reactions. “What Would You Do?” airs FRIDAY, JULY 4 (9:00-10:00 p.m., ET) on ABC. (OAD: 6/21/13)
Friday, July 4 Scenarios Include:
- At a Springfield, Missouri pawn shop, posters of the latest criminal to walk the streets of Missouri adorn the walls, the doors, and lay in a stack near the checkout counter. Actually she’s a WWYD actress who is young, attractive, and she supposedly recently ripped off a jewelry store for $100,000 worth of diamonds. What would you do if you saw this same woman, enter the store and try to pawn off the wares she’s stolen?
- A Springfield, Missouri restaurant patron levels disrespectful comments towards his server who has a heavy accent. The customer’s discriminatory remarks include, “you are in America, speak English!” Will anyone confront the patron about his behavior?
- While awaiting their food at a Weatherford, Oklahoma restaurant, three loud teenage boys taunt and dare each other to exit without paying. When the check arrives, the teens dash for the door. Once customers realize that the boys are up to no good, will they prevent them from “dining and dashing”?
- A beautiful teen girl is sitting in a Weatherford, Oklahoma rest stop restaurant looking upset, when a trucker sitting across from her asks what’s wrong. She explains that she ran away. The trucker tells her that she is so beautiful she could be an actress in California, adding that he is heading that way and would be happy to take her along. Will anyone stop her from going with the trucker and convince her to call home?
- What would you do if you bought sweet tea from a cute young boy and girl, only to have them unexpectedly charge you extra for the cup? Will the real life customers stand up to our tiny conartists in an Amarillo, Texas park?
“What Would You Do?” has won awards from the Chicago International Television Festival and the Avon Foundation’s 2006 Voice of Change award for exposing “injustice and wrongdoing against women and bringing the message of domestic violence to the mainstream.”