We'd like to think that the Cookie Monster celebrates his birthday by blowing out the candles on one giant cookie. Although this character celebrates his birthday on November 2, it is also celebrated today in honor of the birthday of Muppet puppeteer, Frank Oz.
Here are some of the best cookie spots around the country that would make Cookie Monster proud:
1. Insomnia Cookies Try flavors like white chocolate macadamia, snickerdoodle and double chocolate mint for $1.25/each or opt for the jumbo deluxe cookies in flavors like s'mores or triple chocolate for $2.50/each.
2. Pokey O's Pick your cookie and then your ice cream for the ultimate sandwich. Cappuccino chocolate chunk, maple pecan and coconut chocolate chip are a few of the options that can be paired with over 15 choices of ice cream for $3.39.
3. Batter Bakery Chocolate espresso, oatmeal cherry and chocolate peanut butter cup are some of the options along with other classic flavors. The double chocolate sandwich cookies are hard to resist at $1.50.
4. Milk & Cookies Bakery The new bacon smack cookie has maple syrup, cherry wood smoked bacon, dried cranberries, toffee pieces, graham cracker pieces and dark chocolate chunks. Need we say more? ($2.25)
5. Firehook Bakery Try the sweet dreams cookie: a chocolate chip cookie with ginger, cinnamon, walnuts and confectioner's sugar glaze. ($1.70)