So here’s what’s going to happen next week. On July 4, you’ll turn on your television and watch the incredible fireworks show on the National Mall in our nation’s capital. You’ll be so inspired you’ll want to plan a weekend getaway.
Of course, you’ll want to get a deal on your hotel. Hotels in Washington, D.C. aren’t cheap. Not to worry, we’ve found a great D.C. deal that’s valid for weekend stays.
The Mayflower Renaissance Hotel‘s “Breakfast and Parking” package includes:
- Deluxe overnight accommodations with one king or two double beds.
- Breakfast buffet for two adults per night.
- Complimentary valet parking.
Rates start at $194 per night for Friday and Saturday nights in August, a savings of $100 per night. Price based on double occupancy and is valid through August 30, 2012. So what to do in D.C. in August? Here’s a few free things going on around the city:
• Jazz performances at The National Gallery of Art on Friday nights .
• Museum exhibits at the National Gallery of Art, Hirshhorn Museum, American Art Museum, National Geographic Museum, National Portrait Gallery, Crime Museum, Natural History Museum, Corcoran Gallery of Art, The Phillips Collection and the Smithsonian American Art Museum.
• Organized walking tours of Capitol Hill, The Big Five Memorials (Washington Monument, Jefferson Memorial, FDR Memorial, MLK Memorial, and Lincoln Memorial), and Pennsylvania Avenue.
To book, visit the hotel’s website or call 1-800-228-9290 and use promo code I24.