Some cities are known for being sexy. There’s Paris, of course. And New York, Barcelona and Rome.
And then there’s Greensboro, N.C.
Poor Greensboro. It’s been named the least sexy city in America by travel dating web site MissTravel.com. Why are they picking on Greensboro? And for that matter, what’s wrong with Richmond, Va.? And Fort Worth, Texas?
Turns out that these cities get rejected — a lot of the time — for destination dates by members of the website. Poor Greensboro has been rejected 100 percent of the time for 170 out of 170 trip offers.
“Not every destination is an ideal location for falling in love,” says Founder and CEO, Brandon Wade. “A lot of factors have to come together to create a quintessential environment for romance, and when it comes to setting, there’s frankly nothing sexy about North Carolina.”
Now we feel bad for the entire state.
The least sexy cities in America based on percent of rejected trip offers:
1. Greensboro, N.C. 100%, rejected for 170 of 170 trip offers
2. Richmond, Va. 98%, rejected for 100 of 103 trip offers
3. Fort Worth, Texas 94%, rejected for155 of 165 trip offers
4. Beverly Hills, Calif. 92%, rejected for 1058 of 1150 trip offers
5. Chattanooga, Tenn. 90%, rejected for 178 of 198 trip offers
6. Atlantic City, N.J. 89%, rejected for 345 of 388 trip offers
7. Atlanta, Ga. 86%, rejected for 1238 of 1440 trip offers
8. Jacksonville, Fla. 85%, rejected for 272 of 320 trip offers
9. Corpus Christi, Texas 84%, rejected for 143 of 170 trip offers
10. Minneapolis, Minn. 83%, rejected for 168 of 202 trip offers
MissTravel.com claims to be with a travel dating site for “generous and attractive people. ” It debuted last year and with the tag line ”Who needs money, beautiful people travel free!” and immediately had the travel world asking: Dating web site or escort service?