It’s no secret one of the most popular gifts on Valentine’s Day is a box of chocolate.
But even more important than buying a present is the thought behind it.
So when Jeri Finard, president of Godiva, stopped by Real Biz with Rebecca Jarvis to talk about tips to impress your sweetheart on Valentine’s Day , we asked her for a creative recipe lovers can make to be a little bit different. The recipe follows.
But the number one tip Godiva’s president gave us? ”Not to forget.”
GODIVA’s Dark Chocolate Sea Salt Brownies:
YIELD: 15 BROWNIES
PREPARATION: 15 MINUTES PLUS 25-30 MINUTES BAKING TIME
1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
1 ¾ cups white sugar
½ cup natural unsweetened cocoa
1 1/8 teaspoons fine sea salt
1 cup vegetable oil
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
5 ½ ounces GODIVA Large 50% Dark Chocolate Sea Salt Bar, finely chopped
Baking oil spray
1. PREHEAT the oven to 350°F
2. Grease a 9″x13″ baking pan; set aside. Alternatively, line the pan with parchment paper so that the paper extends 2 inches beyond both long sides of the pan. Spray the parchment with baking oil.
3. In a large bowl, combine the all-purpose flour, white sugar, natural unsweetened cocoa, and fine sea salt; set aside.
4. In a medium bowl, combine the vegetable oil, eggs, and vanilla extract. Whisk slowly until uniform; do not whip.
5. Add the wet mixture to the dry mixture and mix until evenly combined. Stir in GODIVA Large 50% Dark Chocolate Sea Salt Bars.
6. Pour and spread the batter into the prepared baking pan and bake until cake tester comes out slightly moist, 25 to 30 minutes. Do not over bake. Place pan on wire rack and cool.
7. If using parchment paper, use the overhanging parchment to quickly lift the brownie out of the pan. Slice and serve the brownies immediately.