Toddler, Rape Victim

By Million Moms Challenge

Oct 10, 2011 5:54pm

Once again, the New York Times’ Nicholas Kristof has taken our breath away. His column led yesterday with a story of a 3-year-old girl undergoing treatment for rape and gonorrhea in a Sierra Leone rape treatment center.  Kristof reports that in the Freetown facility, run by the International Rescue Committee, more than a quarter of all rape victims are just 11 years old or younger.

War often makes sexual victims of women and children, and tragically women and children often remain sexual targets long after peace is declared.

In war-torn Sierra Leone, justice is rare; criminal convictions are obtained for fewer than one half of one percent of all rapes.

Kristof writes that House Republicans want to eliminate funding for the United Nations Population Fund, which runs programs to stop rape in places like Sierra Leone.

While Million Moms Challenge is focused on ensuring that women and babies in the developing world survive and thrive, we can’t help but pause to consider that when women and girls can’t leave their homes without fearing a sexual attack, it is hard to prioritize healthy pregnancies, good nutrition and infant vaccinations.

User Comments

Great post mate, mt grandfather also servered in the great war, although he didnt make it out alive Frown

Posted by: how to striptease | October 11, 2011 7:06 am

Impressive article and ideas.

Posted by: Supra Skytop Shoes | October 11, 2011 8:32 am

While tips for remodeling tiny bathrooms are aimed more for convenience, some suggestions are indeed aimed to be aesthetically pleasing even though maintaining space-effectiveness. Like for instance the Wasauna Bathroom Vanity Table WAS-0003 also at wasauna.com. tabletop integration is not an oft utilized style, and this vanity, even though sporting the tabletop design also features a tempered glass sink. This package also includes a mirror along with a mini shelf.

Posted by: moncler | October 12, 2011 12:52 pm

It’s not uncommon for an article with this much information to become confusing, but your content is clear. I can relate to many of the points contained in this material.

Posted by: Wanetta Freiman | October 13, 2011 12:59 am

Does the error happen all the time? Its normal to sometimes get the error as often an internet site doesnt respond speedy sufficient along with the script instances out.

Posted by: Saundra Enochs | October 13, 2011 5:52 am

so We have no clue how that is taking place. Unwell continue to keep on hunting into this issue.

Posted by: Iluminada Gosso | October 13, 2011 8:19 pm

esta re vivo el tipo

Posted by: Lester | October 13, 2011 10:21 pm

Found this site on google, very glad I did.

Posted by: Sunshine Mankowski | October 14, 2011 8:17 pm

Such an amazing blog, favourited.

Posted by: Free Steam Keys | October 15, 2011 3:55 pm

How long can my computer keep running with an outdated browser?. I browser my computer is outdated. However my computer’s little outdated too, and doesn’t have what it would need to run the new browser. Should I start saving up for a new one, or can this problem be dealt with for a few more years yet?. . By the way, I love my computer I don’t want to start over because I love all the programs on my computer..

Posted by: digital photography schools | October 16, 2011 5:03 pm

Wow that was odd. I just wrote an very long comment but after I clicked submit my comment didn’t appear. Grrrr… well I’m not writing all that over again. Anyway, just wanted to say great blog!

Posted by: Lacy Macchiarella | October 17, 2011 11:44 am

Qualifications Understand: Ough.Lenses. Us dollar as well as Foreign exchange

Posted by: compte forex | October 18, 2011 1:23 pm

It’s a superb misfortune you don’t include a stretch money fix! I’d definitely break money for this webpage! That i for the minute i’ll be mitigated bookmarking together with including an individual’s Ply that leave my soul Msn equilibrize. That i pretense assuming that faculty past messages and definitely module share the web situation utilizing my mortal Facebook or chirrup : )

Posted by: Potato And Leek Soup | October 18, 2011 4:45 pm

fan site for apps ! http://www.apps-touch.com

Posted by: Captain John Hannam (X)* | October 19, 2011 10:00 am

Possessions major commercial lender, stock traders (traders stated) are the 3×8, while usually in cities. Within the business based in Asian countries or even Questions works the other within The western world lastly still another located within America, and etc ..

Posted by: courtiers forex | October 19, 2011 10:06 am

yeah, these are however approximately they’ve a web site google for wilsonphillipsmusic

Posted by: Neal | October 20, 2011 12:14 am

the sterling And us $ (understood cable connection when it comes to English) 2 . 14%

Posted by: azertdfd | October 21, 2011 12:19 am

Often the send replace comes with a couple products or services, simultaneously interbank, the words dehydrated (they say downright through French), rather small amount of notice, and also swaps. Far apart from further financial markets, any set up commodities areas never added within the forex and thus linger limited.

Posted by: forex france | October 21, 2011 1:56 pm

Today, you will discover lots of cheap merchandise accessible inside the market.

Posted by: Drew | October 22, 2011 5:36 pm

Who did you pay to do your blog? Its really nicely designed I bet that is why you get so much traffic!

Posted by: Yong Lewter | October 25, 2011 9:23 pm