Sen. Rubio Calls For AG Holder to Resign

Jun 21, 2012 1:22pm

Sen. Marco Rubio, R-Fla., became the second senator to call for Attorney General Eric Holder to resign over the Fast & Furious gun-walking scandal.

“Yes, I do at this point, I do,” Rubio answered when asked at The Christian Science Monitor breakfast in Washington, D.C., this morning if the attorney general should go. “I think we’ve now reached a point of no return on this issue.”

Rubio said yesterday’s decision by the administration to invoke executive privilege was “the last straw,” for him.

“I don’t know how the attorney general can continue to exercise that office with any level of credibility after the decision that was made yesterday,” he said.

“I think he’s, they’ve, been given multiple opportunities to answer very legitimate questions that the Congress has. We know for a fact that something they told the Congress was not true. And now, I think it’s very legitimate for the Congress to inquire as to why we were told something that wasn’t true. And they refuse to provide materials to prove that.”

Get more pure politics at ABC News.com/Politics and a lighter take on the news at OTUSNews.com

Earlier this month, Sen. John Cornyn, R-Texas, became the first senator to call for Attorney General Eric Holder to resign. Holder had been testifying before the Senate Judiciary Committee where Cornyn expressed his views that the attorney general has not been honest and has been overly political.

In the House of Representatives more than 50 Republicans that have called for Holder’s resignation.  Yesterday the House Committee on Oversight and Government Reform voted to find Attorney General Eric Holder in contempt of Congress for failing to provide documents to congressional investigators from the Fast and Furious scandal.

 

 

SHOWS:
You are using an outdated version of Internet Explorer. Please click here to upgrade your browser in order to comment.
blog comments powered by Disqus