Health and Human Services Secretary Kathleen Sebelius has become the face of the rocky Obamacare rollout.
So when news of her upcoming resignation broke, Republican politicians, still actively trying to repeal the law Sebelius heralded, unleashed a slew of mocking tweets.
I thank Secretary Sebelius for her service. She had an impossible task: nobody can make Obamacare work.
- Eric Cantor (@GOPLeader) April 10, 2014
- Rep. Chris Stewart (@RepChrisStewart) April 10, 2014
Are you going to be drinking out of a red solo cup or crystal stemware tonight as you celebrate @Sebelius resigning? RT w/ your response.
- Marsha Blackburn (@MarshaBlackburn) April 10, 2014
- Senator Rand Paul (@SenRandPaul) April 11, 2014
- Rep. Steve Scalise (@SteveScalise) April 11, 2014
- Michael Burgess, MD (@michaelcburgess) April 11, 2014
- Cong. Tim Huelskamp (@CongHuelskamp) April 10, 2014
- Senator Roger Wicker (@SenatorWicker) April 10, 2014
Sebelius may be gone, but tomorrow you'll still wake up with higher health premiums than the plan you weren't able to keep.
- Rep. Lee Terry (@LEETERRYNE) April 11, 2014
Mr. Clapper & Mr. Holder, where are your resignations?
- Justin Amash (@repjustinamash) April 10, 2014
Amid the GOP outrage, only a few Democrats chimed in on Twitter to defend the beleaguered secretary:
Sec. Sebelius handled the difficult #ACA rollout with grace and class. Millions of Americans now enjoy affordable coverage. I wish her well.
- James E. Clyburn (@Clyburn) April 11, 2014
- Tom Harkin (@SenatorHarkin) April 11, 2014
- Nancy Pelosi (@NancyPelosi) April 10, 2014