“Nightline” Reports Stories Behind The Guns Used By Police, Gun Enthusiasts And Criminals On A Special Edition Airing Thursday, December 20, 11:35 p.m. ET On ABC
Portions Will Air On “Good Morning America,” “World News With Diane Sawyer,” ABCNews.com, ABC News Radio And ABC NewsOne
“Nightline” continues ABC News’ coverage, “Tragedy at Sandy Hook: The Search for Solutions,” with a special report examining how guns touch so many parts of the American story every day. Anchored by Bill Weir, “A Day In The Life Of The American Gun” will air on “Nightline,” Thursday, December 20 (11:35 p.m. ET). A full day of reporting will begin on “Good Morning America”(7:00 – 9:00 a.m. ET), and continue with “World News With Diane Sawyer” (6:30 – 7:00 p.m. ET) and on ABCNews.com, ABC News Radio and ABC NewsOne.
“A Day In The Life Of The American Gun” will include:
- Juju Chang joins a multi-generational gun-loving family, including two kids under 10, in Salt Lake City.
- David Wright reports from an epicenter of gun violence at one of biggest trauma centers in America: Cook County Hospital’s trauma center in Chicago.
- Pierre Thomas rides along with armed police units in Philadelphia.
- Cameras are at Pennsylvania schools which now have armed guards in wake of the shooting, and schools in Texas and New Mexico with some teachers who are armed.
- “Nightline” details a Chicago Tribune crime reporter’s task of covering gun murders every night.
- Embeds are with armed police units in Baltimore and Houston.
- Reports will also include shooting ranges in Indiana, a ladies night at a gun range in Dallas where families with guns pose with Santa, and from Virginia bars, where there is an open carry law.
Link to “Nightline’s” coverage of the “Tragedy at Sandy Hook: The Search for Solutions”: http://abcnews.go.com/nightline
ABC News’ “Nightline” is anchored by Cynthia McFadden, Terry Moran and Bill Weir. Juju Chang is a correspondent. Jeanmarie Condon is the Executive Producer. The program, number one in late night, airs weeknights from 11:35 p.m., ET to 12:00 a.m. on the ABC Television Network.