Pregnancy and the Things I’ve Never Shared

By BlogFrog Bloggers

Oct 6, 2011 7:20pm

I’ve never written about my pregnancies…

I’ve been pregnant four times and I have two beautiful girls. I suppose it’s time I do share the whole story.

I was first pregnant when I was 23 years old. This baby was very much wanted. We hadn’t necessarily tried hard to get pregnant… but after being married 3 years… we felt it was a good time to add a baby to the family.

My first ultrasound revealed an ectopic pregnancy and I was rushed to the hospital to remove it. During the surgery… it was discovered that I also had an embryo in my uterus. The doctor gave little hope for it’s survival. I carried this survivor for three months and at that point I lost the pregnancy. I had to undergo another surgery and it was a whole year before I even thought of trying again.

Losing a baby… two babies in fact… was difficult. I ate very little. I slept even less. I began to develop anxiety and depression. I had few interests and didn’t want to go out with friends. After some therapy and a little medication… I felt the desire to try and have a baby again.

I was pregnant on the first try and knew it right away. That familiar feeling of sickness. fatigue, and joy enveloped me like an old friend. I was careful not to tell too many people, but it was written all over my face. I was pregnant and overjoyed. One month later… I miscarried. Again.

This time I was determined. I was going to have a baby. We tried again and the very next month… I was pregnant again.

And she decided to stick around. Rachel Michele Loubet was born on August 25th, 2004. I had my baby.

And when she was six months old… I was pregnant again with her sister, Allison… Although I wouldn’t know it for another three months.

So… I have two beautiful girls after enduring the joy and pain of four pregnancies. I was asked to write about what I worried about most while I was pregnant. I worried most about losing another baby. I worried that I’d never be able to carry to term. I worried that I’d never know what it was like to deliver a child into the world. Those are the things I worried most about.

Becoming pregnant changed my life, and I’d love to hear more about your best or most difficult pregnancy moments. What worried you most during your pregnancy? By replying, you will be entered to win an exclusive Million Moms Challenge Gift Pack, which includes an all expenses paid trip to a conference on mothers hosted by the UN Foundation in DC (Jan/Feb 2012), an iPad2, a custom-made Million Moms Challenge pendant and $50 donation in your name to Global Giving.

Please join the Million Moms Challenge and sign up!

This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Million Moms Challenge. The opinions and text are all mine. Contest runs September 19 to October 16, 2011. A random winner will be announced by October 18, 2011.

Official Contest Rules

User Comments

Posted by: Family Dental Care Group | October 10, 2011 7:25 am

Keep posting stuff like this i really like it, Good job My friend.

Posted by: Timberland Roll Tops | October 11, 2011 8:23 am

a tremendous amount addiitional info along with this sort of concern online on a website, notice.

Posted by: Juliette Sakshaug | October 11, 2011 9:49 am

Posted by: Family Dental Care Group | October 11, 2011 9:50 am

Ive been meaning to read this and just never got a chance. Its an issue that Im very interested in, I just started reading and Im glad I did. Youre a fantastic blogger, 1 of the finest that Ive seen. This weblog certainly has some details on topic that I just wasnt aware of. Thanks for bringing this stuff to light.

Posted by: moncler | October 11, 2011 6:05 pm

Pleasant publish and to the point. I not really know if this describes actually the best position to inquire about yet do you folks have just about any ideea best places to retain the services of some ghost writers? Thank you in advance :)

Posted by: Ora Huffmaster | October 12, 2011 3:52 pm

Resourcefulnesses like the one you referred here will be really usable to me! I will place a connection to this page on my web logs. I am certain my visitors will see that very structural.

Posted by: moncler womens jackets | October 13, 2011 2:02 am

Do you have a spam problem on this website; I also am a blogger, and I was wanting to know your situation; we have created some nice procedures and we are looking to swap strategies with others, please shoot me an email if interested.

Posted by: Ronda Smink | October 15, 2011 8:05 am

Wonderful. I like to share this post with my friends.

Posted by: iphone earphone | October 19, 2011 3:56 am

Learn about How to Get Pregnant More quickly Naturally and give birth to healthy children Assured! – Find out Tips to Getting Pregnant that has taught a huge number of women throughout the world to conceive faster than they ever believed potential. Even if you have never succeeded to have pregnant before.

Posted by: tip to get pregnant | October 23, 2011 11:39 am

Yeah, you can all laugh, but when little Maximilian Fightmaster kicks your kid’s backside on the playground then we’ll see who regrets their name choice.

Posted by: buy antabuse | October 25, 2011 8:19 pm

I agree with this. The case of “Apple”, for instance, perfectly illustrates this point. There is virtually no chance the kid will ever meet another person with that name. I see no reason for Gwyneth Paltrow to have any regrets over that name.

Posted by: online keflex | October 25, 2011 8:54 pm

As one of the people who benefitted from tax incentives to purchase solar panels — very much in the lower middle class (my home is 1400 sq. feet, which I don’t believe qualifies me as “well off”) — I have to point out that these policies are not meant to be a means of wealth redistribution. They are meant to promote a more sustainable energy policy and a healthier planet. Are most of the benefits beyond the reach of many Americans? Yes…for now. And they will remain that way if we never give a the same tax benefits that oil, gas, and coal have been getting for decades. But by promoting green technology we will bring scale to the industry, thereby making it more affordable for future generations.

Posted by: online levaquin | October 25, 2011 9:05 pm

I wish more people would write blogs like this that are actually interesting to read. With all the garbage floating around on the net, it is rare to read a blog like yours instead.

Posted by: azithromycin online uk | October 26, 2011 12:55 pm

Heys, heya, thanks for the great article dude!

Posted by: mmmph | October 26, 2011 1:00 pm

I see quite a few sites which appear interesting and really worth a read. There is absolutely nothing worse than sifting through limitless blah blah sites simply to find a couple that hold your attention. Thanks. Great job!

Posted by: 59Kitcher@gmail.com | October 26, 2011 1:19 pm

We are a group of volunteers and starting a new scheme in our community. Your site provided us with valuable information to work on. You’ve done an impressive job and our whole community will be thankful to you.

Posted by: jtag | October 27, 2011 5:32 pm