Grab your chef’s hats, aprons and turn up your ovens: it’s National Pizza Party Day. Whether you prefer four cheese, pepperoni or everything but the kitchen sink, these tips will ensure a tasty result.
1. Get the oven hot: Preheat the oven to 425 degrees. This is the secret to a crispy crust and not a soggy one.
2. Semolina: A sprinkle of semolina on the dough before placing it on the pizza stone keeps it extra crispy and helps it from sticking to the stone after baking.
3. Don’t over-sauce: Keep the sauce to a minimum. More sauce means a soggier crust.
4. Don’t go overboard: Practice restraint with toppings. Thin crusts can’t handle the weight of a ton of toppings.
5. Make it gourmet: Sprinkle fresh herbs, red pepper or olive oil on top of the pizza when it’s out of the oven for better-than-restaurant results.
Make one of these pizza recipes for your next pizza party: