Researcher Infected With Zika Virus During Lab Accident

A lab accident marks the first case of Zika infection through a needle stick.
0:26 | 06/09/16

Coming up in the next {{countdown}} {{countdownlbl}}

Coming up next:

{{nextVideo.title}}

{{nextVideo.description}}

Skip to this video now

Now Playing:

{{currentVideo.title}}

Comments
Related Extras
Related Videos
Video Transcript
Transcript for Researcher Infected With Zika Virus During Lab Accident
To the index of other news tonight into the alarming news seek a headline from the Pittsburgh laboratory and unidentified lab researcher. Was infected with a physique a virus after an accidental needle stick. She developed symptoms and then tested positive for the virus two weeks later. Federal health officials believe this may be the first case of cica contracted inside a lab. The virus is typically transmitted from mosquitoes of course that lab worker has recovered she's back to work she does not pose a risk to coworkers.

This transcript has been automatically generated and may not be 100% accurate.

{"duration":"0:26","description":"A lab accident marks the first case of Zika infection through a needle stick.","mediaType":"default","section":"ABCNews/Health","id":"39740239","title":"Researcher Infected With Zika Virus During Lab Accident","url":"/Health/video/researcher-infected-zika-virus-lab-accident-39740239"}