Transcript for Carbon Monoxide Poisons Atlanta Students
It -- are very frightening sight. Atlanta fire writers carrying student after student to ambulances. At least 43 -- elementary students were transported. One parent who was there described what she saw an underground. On the final what was the -- to. I you brave -- So my -- now I want. Firefighters say carbon monoxide levels near the furnace in the school -- at 17100. Parts per million. The highest they have ever recorded anywhere. And dangerous. Really -- games. Obviously -- call monoxide is the -- going to be is that it takes indicated they -- actually stop people from reason and that's the you know did indeed these children have been in the classroom since 730. Our readings in the classroom we're not quite -- -- though are reading at seventeen. We checked in in Georgia carbon monoxide detectors are not required in schools. Every student let's check out. Those who were exposed to the carbon monoxide were given oxygen. All the kids once outside we found to be -- you know conscious alert cold -- for the most part is really scare.
This transcript has been automatically generated and may not be 100% accurate.