E-cigarette explodes in man's pants while shopping in store

The incident was caught on surveillance video and shows the man shopping for televisions in a store Monday when suddenly flames burst from his pants, burning part of his clothing off.
1:27 | 08/30/18

Coming up in the next {{countdown}} {{countdownlbl}}

Coming up next:

{{nextVideo.title}}

{{nextVideo.description}}

Skip to this video now

Now Playing:

{{currentVideo.title}}

Comments
Related Extras
Related Videos
Video Transcript
Transcript for E-cigarette explodes in man's pants while shopping in store
I'll they surveillance video from the HDTV outlet in Anaheim. A man is looking at TVs in the back room that this. An. He runs into the show room for help we just did it go boom this denim and Oviedo went though though the gentleman that helps is out. He could see this here in this phase and Alistair that the good loud noise. And Tomo Laura is the manager of the store he was right up the man's received. When he says it sounded like fireworks went off we look back and there was smoke. Because smelt burnt all over the place there was still fire going on the back gentlemen screaming running out Laura says the customer's name is Mohammed. As Mohammed ran to the bathroom and paying Laura stomped out the battery which was still burning on the ground burns. All over his leg he burned part of his. Denton tells an air was Battier where you could clearly small bird. Over the phone Mohammed said he eventually went to the hospital for the birds but at the time. Laura says he was shocked at how calm the burn victim was I asked him whether he need any kind of medical Larry you know Hayes usually cost somebody. And he just like him it's just get his overweight actress making the received for him right there and that Mohammed says he is continuing to recover and we'll soon see skin specialist. Reporting in Anaheim Greg Lee ABC seven Eyewitness News.

This transcript has been automatically generated and may not be 100% accurate.

{"duration":"1:27","description":"The incident was caught on surveillance video and shows the man shopping for televisions in a store Monday when suddenly flames burst from his pants, burning part of his clothing off.","mediaType":"default","section":"ABCNews/US","id":"57495540","title":"E-cigarette explodes in man's pants while shopping in store","url":"/US/video/cigarette-explodes-mans-pants-shopping-store-57495540"}