Workers, customers overcome by fumes at popular wings restaurant

A toxic mix of cleaning products at Buffalo Wild Wings led to the death of an employee.
1:13 | 11/09/19

Coming up in the next {{countdown}} {{countdownlbl}}

Coming up next:

{{nextVideo.title}}

{{nextVideo.description}}

Skip to this video now

Now Playing:

{{currentVideo.title}}

Comments
Related Extras
Related Videos
Video Transcript
Transcript for Workers, customers overcome by fumes at popular wings restaurant
Next tonight here, to the deadly chemical accident inside a restaurant. An employee dying, 14 others hospitalized. Here's Adrienne Bankert. Reporter: First responders in hazmat suits descended on a Buffalo wild wings restaurant outside Boston after workers and customers were overcome by fumes from a toxic mix of cleaning products. At first I thought it was just the dishwasher, somebody who just poured some chemicals out. But then it just got stronger and stronger. Reporter: It was the start of the dinner rush when an employee preparing to clean the kitchen floor became sick. The manager of the restaurant, Ryan baldera, stepped in and in a desperate attempt to get rid of the chemicals, was overcome, and later died. The gentleman that passed away was an employee who attempted to squeegee the product out of the building. Reporter: That fire chief saying tonight the employee cleaning the kitchen first put a bleaching product on the floor, then unwittingly added an acid-based detergent. The two reacting to emit a deadly chlorine gas, sending 14 people to the hospital. As for the manager's tragic death, a company spokesperson said "We are shocked and

This transcript has been automatically generated and may not be 100% accurate.

{"duration":"1:13","description":"A toxic mix of cleaning products at Buffalo Wild Wings led to the death of an employee.","mediaType":"default","section":"ABCNews/WNT","id":"66864181","title":"Workers, customers overcome by fumes at popular wings restaurant","url":"/WNT/video/workers-customers-overcome-fumes-popular-wings-restaurant-66864181"}