1 dead, 10 sickened from restaurant’s cleaning chemical

One employee was killed and 10 others were sickened from a cleaning chemical used inside a Buffalo Wild Wings restaurant in Massachusetts.
1:38 | 11/08/19

Coming up in the next {{countdown}} {{countdownlbl}}

Coming up next:

{{nextVideo.title}}

{{nextVideo.description}}

Skip to this video now

Now Playing:

{{currentVideo.title}}

Comments
Related Extras
Related Videos
Video Transcript
Transcript for 1 dead, 10 sickened from restaurant’s cleaning chemical
We turn to breaking news overnight. A deadly accident at a Buffalo wild wings in Massachusetts. An employee killed and ten others sickened from a cleaning chemical and gio Benitez has the latest. Reporter: A cleaning agent turned deadly at this Buffalo wild wings in Burlington, Massachusetts. Several people having breathing issues and eye irritation. Reporter: Emergency personnel and hazmat teams called to the popular restaurant in the middle of the dinner rush. This is a confirmed chemical reaction between two cleaning chemicals. Reporter: It began when one of the workers who was preparing to clean the fume became sick from the fumes. Another worker frantically tried to squeegee it out of the restaurant before being taken to the hospital until he passed away. He was an employee of Buffalo wild wings who attempts to squeegee the product out of the building. Reporter: Authorities evacuating the restaurant but ten others, eight employees and two diners were hospitalized. Buffalo wild wings issued a statement saying we are shocked and saddened to learn of this horrific accident at our franchise-owned sports bar and are closely working with our franchisee and the authorities while they conduct an investigation. And everyone else is expected to make a full recovery but this comes on the heels of a very troubling incident at another Buffalo wild wings near Chicago this week. Black customers there said that an employee asked them to move because a customer didn't want to sit near them. The company firing that employee and banning those customers for life but now we have another investigation in Massachusetts. Okay, gio, thanks very much.

This transcript has been automatically generated and may not be 100% accurate.

{"duration":"1:38","description":"One employee was killed and 10 others were sickened from a cleaning chemical used inside a Buffalo Wild Wings restaurant in Massachusetts.","mediaType":"default","section":"ABCNews/GMA","id":"66845687","title":"1 dead, 10 sickened from restaurant’s cleaning chemical","url":"/GMA/News/video/dead-10-sickened-restaurants-cleaning-chemical-66845687"}