Transcript for Clinic Employee Allegedly Took Pictures of a Sedated Joan Rivers
procedure. Most shocking, photos taken while she was under anesthesia. Mara schiavocampo has the story. Reporter: They report that many of the policies were not followed. Putting her at risk. Melissa rivers is responding to the revelations. This morning, new details about Joan rivers' death. The York dale endos Co peclinic failed to follow protocol while she was undergoing a procedure for acid reflux in August. She suffered cardiac arrest and died a week later. In the highly-critical report, the U.S. Department of health and human services found the clinic failed to identify deteriorating vital signs, and didn't get blood pressure, pulse and temperature. They did not obtain consent for all procedures. Including one done by a surgeon not authorized to work at the clinic. And a staff member proceeded to take pictures-her with his cell phone while she was sedated. She was put under with propofol that Michael Jackson died from. It was inconsistently documented in the medical record, and her body weight was not recorded. A critical detail in assessing proper dosage, which experts say could include a lawsuit. If the facts are true, the clinic would come to the table and work out a settlement to not get hit with a much larger number. Reporter: Now her daughter, Melissa, responding through her attorneys. She is outraged by the misconduct and mismanagement now shown to have occurred and will direct her efforts towards ensuring that what happened to her mother will not occur again with any other patient. The clinic says all of the staff members named are gone. And they're committed to addressing the problems outlined. If they don't, they could close in January and have their medicare and medicaid funding taken away. That's a big penalty. Thanks vuch. And today's other top
This transcript has been automatically generated and may not be 100% accurate.