Tom Brady and Gisele Bundchen's Personal Chef Reveals Diet Secrets

Allen Campbell told Boston.com the superstar couple has a diet big in vegetables and whole grains.
3:45 | 01/07/16

Coming up in the next {{countdown}} {{countdownlbl}}

Coming up next:

{{nextVideo.title}}

{{nextVideo.description}}

Skip to this video now

Now Playing:

{{currentVideo.title}}

Comments
Related Extras
Related Videos
Video Transcript
Transcript for Tom Brady and Gisele Bundchen's Personal Chef Reveals Diet Secrets
Okay, we'll talk about diet. We have the nerve to talk about diets with the way we've been eating with the tailgating but it's a diet everyone is talking about. Tom Brady and Gisele bundchen's plan. Their personal chef revealing his menu for the pair. We'll take a look. From the gridiron. G. Tom. To the red carpet. Quarterback Tom Brady and his supermodel wife Giselle bundchen are one of Hollywood's most glamorous couples. Now their private chef Allan Campbell revealing to boston.com their powerhouse diet. They're anyone for having some of the hottest bodies on the planet but it sounds like their diet isn't that exciting. Campbell telling boston.com 80% of their diet vegetables and whole grains like brown rice, quinoa and bean, the other 20% is lean meat, grass fed organic steak, chicken, wild salmon and occasionally duck. Giselle posting pictures of her healthy diet on instagram seen here eating a vegetable soup. Her daughter Vivian digging into a green juice. And Tom making breakfast with the kids with the #healthypancakes so what foods are totally off-limits? Campbell says no white sugar, no white flour, no msg. I'll use raw olive oil but I never cook with olive oil. I only cook with coconut oil. Fats like canola oil turn into trans fats. I use himalayan pink salt as the sodium. I never use iodized salt. They also don't consume very commonly eaten things like caffeine, dairy, white flour, they avoid all of those. This diet, of course, sounds very strict but that's what keeps Tom at the top of his game in the NFL and Gisele one of the most sought after models in the world. Obviously it is working for both of them. Breaking it down for us, the power couple's diet, Dr. Jen Ashton back by popular demand? Thank you. 80% plant based. Yes. Pros and cons with that. No smoke and mirror, sensible healthy way to eat and get a lot of vitamins and minerals. Hardly any processed or packaged food. A great way to eat. Also talked about the chef avoiding foods that cause acid. The alkaline diet. Acidity is so controversial. All the celebrities are talking about it. Ph balance. There is not a lot of great data that supports that while we eat changes the ph of our blood because our lungs kidney does that. It does change the ph of our urine and there is some date that that if you eat alkaline foods or foods also high in potassium it can improve muscle mass and growth hormone production and decrease back pain, all things that they might want. Exactly. Okay, now you made me feel bet better. He avoids night shade foods That's what great about our jobs. We're learning all the time. This is a huge species of over 2,000 plants, some have been attributed to actually cause inflammation, some thought to decrease inflammation. It's a double-edged 1w0rd because these are apparently what they avoid because there have been some data that show that they can add to inflammation but, again, we know tomatoes, high in lycopene so it's a catch-22 but obviously it's working for them. Eggplant. Peppers. Mushrooms. Okay. To each his own. This is a very, very individual thing and, look, in general they're eating great and it shows. It is and Jen will take your questions throughout the morning. Tweet her @drjashton or post them to "Gma's" Facebook page.

This transcript has been automatically generated and may not be 100% accurate.

{"duration":"3:45","description":"Allen Campbell told Boston.com the superstar couple has a diet big in vegetables and whole grains.","mediaType":"default","section":"ABCNews/GMA","id":"36140032","title":"Tom Brady and Gisele Bundchen's Personal Chef Reveals Diet Secrets","url":"/GMA/video/tom-brady-gisele-bundchens-personal-chef-reveals-diet-36140032"}