Shigella Bacteria Outbreak Sickens Dozens at Restaurant

Health officials say more than 80 people have become sick after eating at a Mexican seafood restaurant in San Jose, California.
0:57 | 10/21/15

Coming up in the next {{countdown}} {{countdownlbl}}

Coming up next:

{{nextVideo.title}}

{{nextVideo.description}}

Skip to this video now

Now Playing:

{{currentVideo.title}}

Comments
Related Extras
Related Videos
Video Transcript
Transcript for Shigella Bacteria Outbreak Sickens Dozens at Restaurant
A dozen people are intensive care after at a hospital in San Jose suffered from an apparent case of food poisoning a Mexican seafood restaurant has been closed since Sunday. More than eighty people who ate their gone sick lab tests on at least fifteen of those cases. Have shown the presence of what's called she gala bacteria and usually comes from unwashed hands. What can also stemmed from contaminated food. They had a meter violation. The last month four Cooley. But at that time the food was actually discarded voluntarily by the facility owner. And then we had a few what we call minor violations. Which don't enjoy our are not likely to contribute to food borne illness but are nonetheless still. What's unclear how many the CD cases we mentioned were people who actually ate at that restaurant. Or got sick from coming into contact with someone who dead doctors say the symptoms usually go wait five to ten days ten pace that's one time as a long time.

This transcript has been automatically generated and may not be 100% accurate.

{"duration":"0:57","description":"Health officials say more than 80 people have become sick after eating at a Mexican seafood restaurant in San Jose, California.","mediaType":"default","section":"ABCNews/Health","id":"34624002","title":"Shigella Bacteria Outbreak Sickens Dozens at Restaurant","url":"/Health/video/shigella-bacteria-outbreak-sickens-dozens-restaurant-34624002"}