By the Numbers: Race for the Senate

Democrats are slightly favored to win control of the Senate in 2020, according to new forecasts by FiveThirtyEight.
1:08 | 09/19/20

Coming up in the next {{countdown}} {{countdownlbl}}

Coming up next:

{{nextVideo.title}}

{{nextVideo.description}}

Skip to this video now

Now Playing:

{{currentVideo.title}}

Comments
Related Extras
Related Videos
Video Transcript
Transcript for By the Numbers: Race for the Senate
We've certainly been focusing a lot on the two point 18 presidential race but to turn to the US senate which hangs in the balance our partners at 538 have just launched their twenty Tony senate election forecast. And they found that as of now Democrats are slightly favored to take control of the senate hear the details by the numbers. Democrats have a 58%. Chance of flipping the senate in November that's according to simulation forecast by 538 while Republicans have a 42%. Chance of holding on to their senate majority. Here's some closely watched races majority leader Mitch McConnell doesn't 95%. Chance of winning reelection in Lindsey Graham has an 85%. Chance of victory. Meanwhile astronaut mark Kelly and Democrats as a 78%. Chance of beating Republican incumbent Martha makes Sally in the red state of Arizona. And what's looking to beat of closest senate races here Democrats Aaron Gideon has a 53%. Chance of ousting Republican incumbents Susan Collins in Maine. As we enter this election Republicans have just on three senate seat majority and now 35 states are in place that's out of a total of 100 sentences.

This transcript has been automatically generated and may not be 100% accurate.

{"duration":"1:08","description":"Democrats are slightly favored to win control of the Senate in 2020, according to new forecasts by FiveThirtyEight. ","mediaType":"default","section":"ABCNews/Politics","id":"73108182","title":"By the Numbers: Race for the Senate","url":"/Politics/video/numbers-race-senate-73108182"}