Emergency at junior high school sends students to hospital

A dozen students were sent to a hospital after a cellphone malfunctioned, sending out smoke and sparks.
0:17 | 02/15/20

Coming up in the next {{countdown}} {{countdownlbl}}

Coming up next:

{{nextVideo.title}}

{{nextVideo.description}}

Skip to this video now

Now Playing:

{{currentVideo.title}}

Comments
Related Extras
Related Videos
Video Transcript
Transcript for Emergency at junior high school sends students to hospital
The emergency at a junior high school and Katy Texas about a dozen students were sent to the hospital after a cell phone malfunction. Police say student hit the phone on the table ten overheated began sending up smoke and sparks. Tonight authorities say six students were treated for smoke inhalation fire officials say the cell phone battery failed.

This transcript has been automatically generated and may not be 100% accurate.

{"duration":"0:17","description":"A dozen students were sent to a hospital after a cellphone malfunctioned, sending out smoke and sparks.","mediaType":"default","section":"ABCNews/WNT","id":"68998568","title":"Emergency at junior high school sends students to hospital","url":"/WNT/video/emergency-junior-high-school-sends-students-hospital-68998568"}