Woman Escapes Home Before It Blows Up

Massachusetts woman got out of her home seconds before it exploded into flames.
1:12 | 10/26/15

Coming up in the next {{countdown}} {{countdownlbl}}

Coming up next:

{{nextVideo.title}}

{{nextVideo.description}}

Skip to this video now

Now Playing:

{{currentVideo.title}}

Comments
Related Extras
Related Videos
Video Transcript
Transcript for Woman Escapes Home Before It Blows Up
Where to turn next tonight to the new warning about a common invisible danger in your home ABC's tube and he does and what authorities say one woman did. Moments before the blast. Tonight a do it yourself job apparently went horribly wrong. But the big body you know that the fire Mike Montgomery and out. Inside the house a woman had gone down the basement to repair her gas hot water heater. Investigators say she accidentally removed her gas shut off valve and gas poured out something down there ignited the fire. She was upstairs in her bedroom. When it happened she ran out and ran out she was like really confused and crazy. But also lucky we all watch the top right block and flat sound. These images showing the sheer force of gas explosions and how it can happen in an instant but experts tonight reminding people of the basics never ever do yourself and go to a professional. You may want to even set up a gas alarm to detect a leak. But perhaps most importantly. Your news this kind of gas smells a bit like a rotten manic and David take a look at that house behind me right now it is completely level that roof coming down. David do you but it isn't on Massachusetts forced you thing.

This transcript has been automatically generated and may not be 100% accurate.

{"duration":"1:12","description":"Massachusetts woman got out of her home seconds before it exploded into flames.","mediaType":"default","section":"ABCNews/WNT","id":"34750830","title":"Woman Escapes Home Before It Blows Up","url":"/WNT/video/woman-escapes-home-blows-34750830"}