FiveThirtyEight House forecast update for August 16, 2018

FiveThirtyEight have launched their House forecast for the 2018 midterms! Here is where the races stand as of today.
1:11 | 08/16/18

Coming up in the next {{countdown}} {{countdownlbl}}

Coming up next:

{{nextVideo.title}}

{{nextVideo.description}}

Skip to this video now

Now Playing:

{{currentVideo.title}}

Comments
Related Extras
Related Videos
Video Transcript
Transcript for FiveThirtyEight House forecast update for August 16, 2018
Yeah. We've launched our house forecast for the Tony eighteen mid term elections. Right now the model gives Democrats about a three in four chance of winning the majority semi 6%. Republicans have about a one in four chance of keeping control of the house. The four captions house battleground ask why. At least a 112 seats readiness at least some competitive I'm model meaning the model gives the grid in those districts less than a 95% chance of winning there's an 80% chance that the Democrats will gain anywhere from 1458. Seats. 20% of the time the model expects. The outcome to fall outside enemy edge. Here's a look at each race in every district country each taxing time represented on mr. if you take away the solid mr. One's a very likely democratic.

This transcript has been automatically generated and may not be 100% accurate.

{"duration":"1:11","description":"FiveThirtyEight have launched their House forecast for the 2018 midterms! Here is where the races stand as of today.","mediaType":"default","section":"ABCNews/fivethirtyeight","id":"57225010","title":"FiveThirtyEight House forecast update for August 16, 2018","url":"/fivethirtyeight/video/fivethirtyeight-house-forecast-update-august-16-2018-57225010"}