Grieving Parents Hope to Educate on Food Allergies

Natalie Giorgi Sunshine Foundation honors 13-year-old who died of an allergic reaction to peanuts.
0:56 | 08/29/13

Coming up in the next {{countdown}} {{countdownlbl}}

Coming up next:

{{nextVideo.title}}

{{nextVideo.description}}

Skip to this video now

Now Playing:

{{currentVideo.title}}

Comments
Related Extras
Related Videos
Video Transcript
Transcript for Grieving Parents Hope to Educate on Food Allergies
The parents of a thirteen year old girl who died after eating -- treat made with peanuts on a camping trip are launching a foundation. Promoting food allergy awareness. -- Georgie was on a family trip in June when she bit into a rice crispy treat not realizing it was made with peanuts. She received immediate medical attention and three epi pens but -- Natalie eventually went into cardiac arrest she died on the way to the hospital. Her parents are hoping -- foundation can prevent future tragedies. That. -- would be thrilled. To know that. Because of her people aren't stopping to think about -- -- -- can never took that child's food allergy seriously. She'd she'd like that and we. Hope that five years from now we're going to be looking back and saying what a difference. Natalie made in so many people's lives. The fund is called the Natalie G -- Sunlight Foundation.

This transcript has been automatically generated and may not be 100% accurate.

{"id":20111451,"title":"Grieving Parents Hope to Educate on Food Allergies ","duration":"0:56","description":"Natalie Giorgi Sunshine Foundation honors 13-year-old who died of an allergic reaction to peanuts.","url":"/GMA/video/grieving-parents-hope-educate-food-allergies-20111451","section":"GMA","mediaType":"default"}