Famed chef Mario Batali investigated for sexual assault by NYPD

Beleaguered chef Mario Batali is being investigated by the New York Police Department for sexual assault allegations raised in a "60 Minutes" report that aired Sunday.
1:54 | 05/21/18

Coming up in the next {{countdown}} {{countdownlbl}}

Coming up next:

{{nextVideo.title}}

{{nextVideo.description}}

Skip to this video now

Now Playing:

{{currentVideo.title}}

Comments
Related Extras
Related Videos
Video Transcript
Transcript for Famed chef Mario Batali investigated for sexual assault by NYPD
New trouble for disgraced celebrity chef Mario but tally a woman who worked for ads come forward saying he drugged and sexually assaulted her. The NYPD confirms it has launched a criminal investigation. Eyewitness News anchor cameras not a has more. So like that that into the large zones are. The New York police department confirming it is investigating him battleship marry of the tally for multiple allegations of sexual assault. That means coming after sixty minutes report including a former employee of the colleagues who spoke anonymously saying the tele drugged and assaulted her in 2005. I woke up by myself. On the floor air I don't know where I am a bedroom and tea room. Wooden floor IC broken bottles the first thing I think it's I'd been dropped that was the first thing I got a second I didn't nestled it. The alleged assault said to have happened in a private third floor party room of the spotted pig and exclusive New York restaurant fatale invested in and reportedly partied at regularly. Vitale vehemently denies any assault but. In a statement to CBS the chef said quote might pass behavior has been deeply inappropriate and I am sincerely remorseful for my actions. These allegations just the latest since popular food blog eater published an expose amber tolley late last year. When that the Harvey Weinstein migrations first came out to closer to coming to us with tips about. Very shafts throughout the restaurant industry and the tally was one of those shops. According to eater the complaints come from four women three of whom apparently worked for Vitale and they accuse him of touching them inappropriately over the course of two decades. The tally did not deny those allegations apologizing at the time saying quote. That behavior was wrong and there are no excuses. Since then Vitale has been removed from his role hosting ABC's the chew. Is also stepped away from managing his business empire which numbers 26 cleaner restaurants around the world. Camera's auto channel seven Eyewitness News.

This transcript has been automatically generated and may not be 100% accurate.

{"duration":"1:54","description":"Beleaguered chef Mario Batali is being investigated by the New York Police Department for sexual assault allegations raised in a \"60 Minutes\" report that aired Sunday.","mediaType":"default","section":"ABCNews/GMA","id":"55331050","title":"Famed chef Mario Batali investigated for sexual assault by NYPD","url":"/GMA/Culture/video/famed-chef-mario-batali-investigated-sexual-assault-nypd-55331050"}