12 Texas Residents Hospitalized After Carbon Monoxide Leak

Officials say the leak came from a boiler room attached to the building.
1:27 | 11/30/15

Coming up in the next {{countdown}} {{countdownlbl}}

Coming up next:

{{nextVideo.title}}

{{nextVideo.description}}

Skip to this video now

Now Playing:

{{currentVideo.title}}

Comments
Related Extras
Related Videos
Video Transcript
Transcript for 12 Texas Residents Hospitalized After Carbon Monoxide Leak
threat. A silent danger that can creep into your home with deadly consequences. As the temperatures fall outside, more of us are at risk of carbon monoxide poisoning. Mara schiavocampo has more. Reporter: This morning, neighbors in this Texas apartment built rg recovering, as one person was found unconscious. 12 patients transported to the hospital. Reporter: Officials say the leak came from a boiler room attached to the building. Exposure to the colorless, odorless gas can be an extremely dangerous hazard. As one Oregon couple tlernd past week. Kendra and Steven were enjoying a quiet night at home, when Platt says she was feeling sick. The next morning, she was still woozy. I kind of braced myself when I fell. I landed like this. Reporter: Then Roberts passed out. I knew something serious happened. I didn't know what. If I had passed out as well, we would both be dead. Reporter: The couple treated in a hyperbaric chamber. Symptoms include headaches, dizziness, and vomiting. Experts add, make sure your home as a working carbon monoxide detector. Thank you, Mara.

This transcript has been automatically generated and may not be 100% accurate.

{"duration":"1:27","description":"Officials say the leak came from a boiler room attached to the building.","mediaType":"default","section":"ABCNews/GMA","id":"35486983","title":"12 Texas Residents Hospitalized After Carbon Monoxide Leak","url":"/GMA/video/12-texas-residents-hospitalized-carbon-monoxide-leak-35486983"}