Viral Facebook video captures a 4-year-old suffering paralysis from a tick bite

A tiny American dog tick was removed from her hair, and the child's condition slowly started to improve.
3:00 | 05/20/17

Coming up in the next {{countdown}} {{countdownlbl}}

Coming up next:

{{nextVideo.title}}

{{nextVideo.description}}

Skip to this video now

Now Playing:

{{currentVideo.title}}

Comments
Related Extras
Related Videos
Video Transcript
Transcript for Viral Facebook video captures a 4-year-old suffering paralysis from a tick bite
We are going to talk about this family in Oregon. They didn't know what to think when their daughter became paralyzed. The doctor unraveled a medical history. Had has information all you parents feed to here as your kids play in the warm weather. Erielle reshef is here. Good morning, erielle. It started as any Normal day would, 4-year-old Evelyn Lewis, her happy healthy self but later her legs suddenly giving out. Capturing the terrifying ordeal on camera. This viral Facebook video capturing the unsettling moments as Evelyn Lewis struggles to stand if we really started to panic and were rushing her to the hospital. Fear setting in as her parents watched their daughter go limp. Try real hard. The next morning Evelyn couldn't use her legs and could barely move her arms. Her parents rushing her to the er. Doctors immediately having an idea what was wrong. Just went straight into grooming her hair and found it. Reporter: A tiny American dog tick found in her hair. Once doctors removed the insect her condition started to improve. Evelyn's parents say doctors diagnosed her with tick paralysis. It took her until pretty much the next morning before she was really able to walk normally again. Reporter: As the weather gets warmer the outdoors teeming with ticks making them more likely to come in contact with kids, bugs bringing big problems like Lyme disease, Colorado tick fever and more than a dozen other illnesses. The best way to remove a tick if you find one attached is to use a pointy tweezer and pull it straight off. By using a tweezer you have the tick and can take a picture of it and save it and know better what risk you're at. For her family a relief they avoided a ticking time bomb. We're just glad she's fine and other people can use it for a tool. Reporter: So glad she is okay. The video of her suffering from tick paralysis has been viewed more than 11 million time. They hope other parents check their kids for ticks. Definitely raising awareness. Glad Evelyn is okay. So are we. Great to have you, erielle. Coming up on "Gma," more on what's called the wedding of the

This transcript has been automatically generated and may not be 100% accurate.

{"duration":"3:00","description":"A tiny American dog tick was removed from her hair, and the child's condition slowly started to improve.","mediaType":"default","section":"ABCNews/GMA","id":"47530739","title":"Viral Facebook video captures a 4-year-old suffering paralysis from a tick bite","url":"/GMA/video/viral-facebook-video-captures-year-suffering-paralysis-tick-47530739"}