Transcript for 21-year-old sues Juul after being hospitalized
Now to a new lawsuit against Juul, the young man claiming the company's products put him in the hospital and linsey Davis has that exclusive interview. Take a look. I had to learn how to walk again basically like I couldn't walk. Reporter: In a new lawsuit, 21-year-old conner Evans alleges his 2 1/2 weeks in a Pennsylvania hospital are directly linked to his year-long vaping of the popular e-cigarette Juul. My lungs were filled up to 80% of the capacity filled with fluid. Reporter: Evans is suing the company claiming it failed to warn him about the dangers. The once healthy high school hockey captain was admitted to the hospital in may having great difficulty breathing and later placed in a medically induced coma for eight days. You're sitting on a bed and your parents are just looking at you and your family and, you know, everyone. You don't realize how much you're cared about until like that happens. Reporter: According to the lawsuit, Juul failed to properly assess and warn about the harm that its products caused to the human lungs and body adding the e-cigarette brand falsely advertises its e-cigarettes system as a safe alternative to traditional cigarettes and knew or should have known the potential dangers of its products. What the risks are to adolescent brains and sucking down nicotine, what the risk is to conner Evans' lungs long term is yet to be told. Reporter: While the CDC and fda are currently investigating the growing list of severe lung injuries reported, so far they've not tied them to a specific brand, substance or product. Evans says he was 19 when he began vaping and never smoked cigarettes or any other product. I wish I never took the hit at the college party because that's what started it. I wish I would have never done it. Reporter: We reached out about the lawsuit to Juul. They had no comment. Earlier this month several school districts filed absolutes against Juul and just last week, the company was hit by a wrongful death lawsuit by a teen who died in his sleep as a result of vaping, they say. Thanks so much, linsey. Now to the NBA cracking down
This transcript has been automatically generated and may not be 100% accurate.